What can health promotion bring to your business?
Sickness absence costs UK businesses £14 billion a year, with musculoskeletal disorders and work related stress being among the top causes of absenteeism. A healthy, motivated workforce has been proven to result in not only cost savings but higher levels of productivity which is fundamental to an organisations success. Implementing health programmes in your business doesn’t have to be expensive, time consuming or complicated. It’s a preventive, promotional strategy that can help you to reduce sickness absence and inspire greater commitment and efficiency among your workforce.
Why is there a need for health promotion?
- Alcohol is estimated to cause 3-5% of all absences from work; approximately 8 to 14 million lost working days in the UK each year
- Over half the workforce (57%) take less than thirty minutes for their lunch-break at work (the legal minimum for an average working day)
- 45% of women and 37% of men spend less than 30 minutes a day on their feet at work
- It is estimated that in the world about 100 million workdays are being lost due to stress and nearly 50-75% of diseases are related to stress
Health and wellbeing programmes we can offer
These are some of the ways you can use health promotion in your business:
- Smoking, alcohol & substance abuse – we can educate employees of the side effects, provide carbon monoxide testing, offer support and discuss substance misuse in the workplace.
- Interactive sessions on topics such as;
- Movewell – leading an active lifestyle.
- Thinkwell – Building mental resilience, work life balance and relaxation techniques.
- Eatwell – Nutrition, weight management and portion sizes.
- Support for musculoskeletal problems – we can undertake ergonomic assessments, advise changes to the workplace setting and raise awareness about reducing prolonged sitting and poor working positions.
How we can help you
From a simple initiative to the development of a wellness strategy, health promotion at Staywell is designed bespoke to your company and employee needs. We work in partnership with you to develop a targeted approach that will make a real difference.
It is important that you can identify the main business objectives that will underpin your wellness programme so we can prioritise your organisations key needs and identify the interventions that aim to deliver the greatest impact.
For full scale programmes we offer the option to conduct a pilot programme with a small percentage of employees before committing to a full roll out.