Safety Critical Medicals in Leeds
What are Safety Critical Medicals?
Safety critical medicals are designed to ensure that anyone undertaking safety critical tasks are medically fit and safe to do so. They…
- Fulfil your duty of care responsibilities in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Identify conditions likely to lead to a loss of consciousness or inability to control their actions
- Can prevent workplace accidents due to ill health
- Keep others in the workplace safe from accidents
- Can identify hidden but dangerous health conditions such as high blood pressure
- Provide certification that you are fit to work on construction sites
Who Needs a Safety Critical Medical?
The following employees and self-employed workers all require a safety critical medicals:
- Drivers such as plant operators & crane drivers
- Forklift truck /MHE operators
- Any employees working at height
- Any employees working in confined spaces
- Demolition operatives
- Lone workers
- Construction workers (non-rail)
- Roadside (high speed)
- Steel structural fabricator
How to Book
We have two easy options within Leeds and the surrounding area to book your safety critical medicals:
- Individual clinic bookings for self employed, new starters, or when you only have a couple of employees to test at a time. Use the button below to choose a clinic location in Leeds and the surrounding areas
- Group bookings at your site, minimising any downtime for workers. Please use the form below.
What is Covered in the Medical?
We check for medical conditions that could lead to sudden loss of consciousness, impairment of airways or concentration, sudden incapacity, impairment of balance or co-ordination or significant limitation of mobility. These tests include:
- A questionnaire covering medical history, mental health & wellbeing
- Height, weight & BMI
- Blood pressure and pulse check
- General mobility
- Vision checks
- Hearing and Respiratory assessment
- Drug & Alcohol test when required for role
How a Safety Critical Medical is Undertaken
The appointment lasts for approximately 30 minutes. A drug & alcohol test adds an additional 20 minutes to the appointment time, and you will be given clear guidance before the test. A Safety Critical medical must be delivered face-to-face, with a trained Occupational Health Technician, Nurse, or Physician. If you are booking a single appointment in one of our clinics, you will need to bring with you identification.
Individuals will receive a certificate by email with the results of your safety critical medical after your appointment. For group bookings, a named individual will receive a summary of results and individual fit for work certificates for each employee.
Safety critical medicals ensures your business complies fully with health and safety legislation. The possibility of having someone who is not fit for task working onsite not only puts them and other employees at risk but could also lead to prosecution for non- compliance.
Call Us Now
Speak to our Friendly Team to Discuss Your Needs
0800 471 4941