The Express Referral Service has been developed to provide a rapid medical vulnerability risk assessment in order to support the return to work for employees who may have health conditions that could impact on risk to health when exposed to Coronavirus.
A Quick Look
- Ad-hoc Service available for all sizes of business with no expensive retainer fee.
- Access to free COVID-19 risk assessment matrix and advice for reopening your business safely.
- Medical report that will provide advice on the safe return to work of employees with medical vulnerability to COVID-19.
- Rapid response and turnaround times of appointment with clinician to receipt of medical report.
Summary of Service
As we move into the next phase of the COVID-19 public health crisis we have expanded our Management Referral Service with the launch of a COVID-19 Express Referral Service.
The Express Referral Service has been developed to provide a rapid medical vulnerability risk assessment in order to support the return to work for employees who may have health conditions that could impact on risk to health when exposed to Coronavirus. Steps taken to manage this risk, alongside steps taken to reduce the risk of contamination of the workplace through a general workplace risk assessment, are now required in order for employers to produce a COVID19 Secure safety plan. This Safety plan will serve as a roadmap for easing of lockdown restrictions as more is known about the virus and new developments in treatment and vaccination allow further lockdown easing over the coming months.
We will provide you with free COVID19 employer guide which utilises a risk assessment systems approach to planning both the return to work and how processes can be maintained following the initial return following easing of lockdown. The risk assessment will assist you with planning which of your employees are able to return to the workplace and identify those employees who require additional, internal support or a referral to occupational health.
Businesses must remain mindful that the return to work is just the start of the process and that there will be long term effects on both the physical and psychological well-being of their workforce following easing of lockdown.
When to use the service:
The Express Referral Service is designed to support employees in the following circumstances:
- Short or long-term absence due to COVID-19 diagnosis and treatment (hospital or self-isolation)
- Long term absence due to requirement to shield from social contact due to a high-risk medical condition
- Seeking advice on a health condition that has been triggered or aggravated by self- isolation, social distancing or other issues related to the pandemic. (i.e. mental health, bereavement, or MSK issues as an example)
- DSE assessments for homeworkers, delivered remotely.
- Confusion regarding the COVID-19 test result and what this means in terms of fitness for work.
How is the service structured?
The COVID-19 Express Referral Service is offered on an ad-hoc basis and has four different options for employers to access, ranging from a management only led report, to employee consultations via telephone or via Facetime (for iPhone users) or the remote Zoom video network. Telephone and video calls allow you to access expert medical opinion from our qualified team of occupational health advisors which is important at a time of social distancing whereby face to face meetings cannot currently take place.
We provide a quick turnaround of assessment and report, with a focus on clear, concise, and up to date advice which will enable you to manage your employee’s absence and health.
For further detail on this service and how you can access it, call us on 01732 446276 or email firstname.lastname@example.org